We are committed to supporting our employees’ learning and development and our performance is monitored by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We offer a wide range of on-going comprehensive programmes of statutory and mandatory training and we have been awarded Investors in People’s Gold Award.
How ExtraCare can help you progress with your career in care
Your Statutory and Mandatory training includes:
- Equality and Diversity
- Moving and Handling
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Fire Awareness
- Food Hygiene and infection control
- Mental Capacity Act
- Emergency First Aid at work
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Health and Safety/IOSH
- Medication Training
- GDPR and Information Security
- Fraud Awareness and Cyber
We also offer:
- Coronavirus Awareness (Covid-19) & PPE Equipment.
- Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in your area of work.
- ExtraCare currently have over 85% of our care staff that are at QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
- Assistant Care Manager Development Training – Level 3 and 5
All learning is within a tailored environment to match your learning style. This benefits you and the charity to ensure we maximise success for our participants.
All learning with ExtraCare is designed to be relevant, participative, fun and engaging.