Title: Bar Host
Responsible to: Village Activity Facilitator
This is a summary of the job description
Overall Aim of the Job:
To provide the required bar services to the standards expected, ensuring a pleasant and inviting environment for residents, visitors and friends. To achieve optimum sales and profits, minimising waste, and maximising the involvement of volunteers in the service.
• Provide all customers with a professional, helpful and friendly service at all times. To promote an attitude of caring and co-operation from all staff and volunteers
• To treat all internal and external customers in a polite and courteous manner at all times. To give full cooperation to any customer requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner. To be flexible in assisting around different areas of the village in response to business and customer needs, and carry out reasonable requests
• To maintain regular and effective communication within the bar team (including volunteers), by holding briefing sessions at the start of each shift, or at handover, and attending village meetings or street meetings if required
• To assist in carrying out quality training, supervision or coaching (where appropriate) to volunteers or others to maintain service levels which meet the needs of the village
• To help create an environment which promotes positive mental attitude and encourages the team to take pride in the bar and work with a high level of commitment
• To continuously seek ways to positively promote sales awareness within the bar team to maximise sales opportunities and encourage promotional ideas
• To adhere to all controls which are in place to maintain optimum operating costs in the bar
• To identify and report maintenance requirements to the maintenanace supervisor. To identify hazards in the workplace and to follow up to ensure zero defects
• To comply with statutory and legislative requirements relating to fire, Health & Safety, hygiene, COSHH, Manual Handling Regulations, Licensing and Employment
To carry out stock control procedures including ordering of stock for beverages and snacks as agreed with the manager.
• To help ensure that all stock takes are carried out in a satisfactory manner and in conjunction with the manager suggest actions to improve any highlighted deficiencies
• To ensure the cleanliness of the bar, stockroom and equipment at all times including the cleaning of pipes in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
• To provide a schedule of bar entertainments, such as would be found in a traditional pub e.g. domino league, skittles, darts team, snooker, beetle drive and pub quizzes. This will also at times include themed events with specialist catering provided by the catering team
• At the end of the night to ensure that all tables are cleared, glasses washed and bar area left clean and presentable
• Cash up till and lock takings securely in the night safe
• To carry out any other tasks as directed by the Village Manager
This post is subject to satisfactory medical clearance, CRB / ISA Disclosure, two written references and Home Office right to work clearance.