Location: All Locations
Responsible to: Scheme / Village Manager
This is a summary of the job role
Overall Aim of the Job:
To provide administrative support to the Scheme / Village.
Reception / Telephone:
• To answer incoming calls, taking messages where necessary, and to greet any visitors relatives to the Scheme/Village
• All post addressed to the Scheme/Village should be opened and either actioned or distributed accordingly. Post addressed to residents should be distributed
• To ensure that all statutory documentation (e.g. Insurance Liability Certification, Lift Maintenance Certificates, etc.) are current and displayed according to regulations
• To monitor such contracts and ensure conditions are met e.g. Fire Safety Equipment checked as per contract, oxygen cylinders, etc.
• To ensure that internal Inspection Forms are completed and maintained as required.
Staff Absence Management:
• To complete and maintain Staff Time Analysis records each week, noting staff absence, ensuring completion of Self Certification Sickness Forms and Medical Certificates and submitting all records to Central Team on a weekly basis.
• Maintain a record of all holidays booked by staff and ensure that Holiday Request Forms are authorised by the Manager or Team Leader as agreed in the scheme
• To maintain a Personnel File for all staff (permanent and relief), containing appropriate documentation as advised from the Personnel Team and advising Personnel Team of any variations to information i.e. new address, new name, change of hours, salary etc.
• Administering the recruitment of staff team in accordance with ExtraCare’s E- recruitment tool kit, ensuring all applicant paperwork is fully completed as per ExtraCare and statutory requirements, and is signed and countersigned.
• Maintain training records within the Scheme/Village. Re-ordering of Forms and Stationery
• To ensure that adequate stocks of all forms are kept in the Scheme/Village, re-ordering from Central Team as required to maintain stocks
• To maintain adequate stocks of stationery in the Scheme/Village
• To carry out any other duties which may be required from time to time. We are developing our quality procedures all the time and we expect the duties and responsibilities of the Administrator to reflect these changes
• To meet monthly with Manager, Care Manager and Bookkeeper
• To ensure systems are simple and easily understood, so that the Manager, Head of Care and Bookkeeper can operate systems in absence of the Administrator
• To train the Bookkeeper in key tasks that have to be completed in Administrator's absence.
This post is subject to satisfactory medical clearance, DBS disclosure, two written satisfactory references and Home Office right to work clearance